The project aims to use the religious thematic cultural value within the SEE territories jointly with local assets, human resources, infrastructures and services to develop a religious tourism able to create new job positions and generate additional income. The project elaborates a tool for decision-makers and stakeholders called the SEE Religious Tourism Model, that provides step by step guidance for them to:
- identify the religious cultural potential of their area, analyzing, assessing and capitalizing previous experiences;
- identify synergies with other projects;
- address the relevant stakeholders;
- develop ideas in order to use the religious cultural assets to develop the region;
- be able to better manage these assets;
- find funding opportunities in order to realise their proposals;
- create sustainable solutions.
Offering equal opportunities for all religions of the SEE Programme Area, the project also aims to indicate inter-religious communications and a better understanding and acceptance of each other's believes.
Italy - Slovenia – Romania – Greece – Bulgaria – Hungary – Bosnia and Herzegovina